Do you build a brand and need inspiration? Here are some well-known Swedish brands that Sweden is extra proud of.
Very often a brand is born as a hobby.
One or more people have an extremely great passion for something. It can be a passion for food, furniture manufacturing and more. Sometimes there is a consumer need and in some cases the consumer need needs to be established in the market.
- A brand with an associated business idea starts on a small scale.
- The entrepreneur has a business idea that is usually based on a holistic concept where finances are one of the main parameters.
- When the product is ready for the market, the company receives a verification of whether the business concept is sustainable and whether it works.
- If it works then there is an opportunity to launch the brand internationally and thus the brand begins to expand.
So it’s not just about having a product or service, it’s about having a holistic concept that works financially and based on this the brand is built.
- Established brands often solve problems that the consumer has.
- This is a winning concept to come up with a solution to one or more problems and convert this into a business idea and build a brand.
Of course, there are different paths to choose in connection with brand building and company creation.
Some copy established businesses and try to pick up market share by, for example, offering lower prices, faster delivery terms, added value, longer guarantees, free service and more than the competitors have. This is a quick way to choose, but may not be the best.
Another way to choose in connection with brand building is to build from scratch.
This of course requires much more:
- Passion…. and is partly comparable to a total uncertainty about whether the business idea will work or not.
What can be done to ensure that the business idea with the associated brand will sell?
- Make a clear reality-based business plan that is at least 12 months.
- Do market research, desktop research and field research.
- Build social media networks, join Rotary before launching your business idea and brand. Make connections with people who can help you grow.
- Let it take time to develop the business idea.
- Start small and measure the results.
- Do a competitor analysis.
A common mistake that entrepreneurs make is to overinvest. They are enchanted by their business idea and are not grounded in reality.
In this article, a number of easy concrete tips on brand building are given. Swedish classic brands are also described.
About the author
Karl-Johan Gyllenstorm is certified in digital marketing by Google Digital Academy. He has more than 10 years of practical experience with SEO and digital marketing. Karl-Johan is developer to Marknadsandels Applikationen. He blogs regularly about SEO and Digital marketing, and his articles can be found on Wordpress, Medium, Blogger, Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook. Connect with Karl-Johan on Twitter and LinkedIn.